Cppcheck is a static analysis tool for C/C++ code. Unlike C/C++ compilers and many other analysis tools, it does not detect syntax errors in the code. Cppcheck primarily detects the types of bugs that the compilers normally do not detect. The goal is to detect only real errors in the code (i.e. have zero false positives).
To understated more what a cppcheck as a static analyzer could help you for your project you could read this article from a commercial alternative website.
qtc-cppcheck is a Qt-Creator Plug-in which allows you to use cppcheck inside Qt-Creator.
- Automatically check active project after build
- Automatically check active project’s files on save
- Manually check any project’s file
- Display found an error in task pan (with marks in the editor)
- Most settings are configurable
Integrated CppCheck with QtCreator issue widget
Access from Tools QtCreator menu
Tool Settings in Analyzer QtCreator settings window
Download the compiled plug-in for your system and the QtCreator App you have from here.
The source could be downloaded from here.